Science communication can be a lonely
Online Coworking Sessions
Once per month, we run an online coworking session for anyone who is working on anything related to science communication. We have a Discord server with chat threads that you can use any time, and a voice/video channel for monthly coworking. To get access, sign up for the next available online coworking session.
Next event: Online coworking, May 20, 2021
To find out more about online coworking, or to run your own session, see this Quick Tips article.
London SciComm Coworking Mornings
If you’re in or near London, UK, you can join us on one of our monthly coworking mornings where people working in a range of science communication projects get productive by working in the presence of others. If you’re somewhere else, scroll down to find some tips for setting up your own coworking events.
Keep an eye on this page or our EventBrite page to see upcoming coworking sessions in London. They are currently on hold due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but we hope to be able to resume them later in 2020.
Get together with your local community
If you want to arrange a similar event in your own community, here’s a checklist to get started:
- Find a venue that can host your group, ideally with wifi, tables, coffee – but not too loud. Check for other factors, such as accessibility and the venue’s attitude to having people work there.
- Pick a date, and make sure there is availability at the venue. (Maybe make a tentative reservation to hold the spot, if it’s popular.)
- Invite people! Post to local mailing lists, social media, etc.
- Once you have a sense of approximately how many people will be there, secure your reservation.
- On the day: You’ll mostly be working quietly, but hold each other accountable by doing a round of quick introductions to share what you’re working on, and another round at the end to ask about the progress everyone made.
- Have fun, and be productive!