Who we are
Share Your Sci is an independently run website aimed at science communicators across the world. Our website address is https://shareyoursci.com.
What type of data do we hold on you?
We don’t hold personal data on you, but monitor site visits using Google Analytics.
How we use your data
We collect general site statistics to find out e.g. how people are discovering Share Your Sci, which parts of the site are most popular, which countries visit the site. etc.
How we protect your data
We monitor and protect our website security by tracking unauthorized login attempts or unexpected changes in the site code.
Where your data is held
Most of the data we have on you is held by third-party processors, as described below.
Third party processors
We use several third party data processors to handle your information. Depending on how you use the site, not all of these apply to you.
- Our webhost – We use a third party web-host based in the USA.
- Google Analytics – tracks all site visitors, but does not receive personal data.
- Discord – to run coworking sessions
- Substack – to manage and send a newsletter
- EventBrite- for registration of webinars
- Zoom – to run webinars and online workshops
- Payhip – for the sale of digital workbooks
- Stripe – payment option for digital workbook sales
- Paypal – payment option for digital workbook sales
To the best of our knowledge, all these companies are themselves GDPR compliant.
If you have questions about the data we hold on you, you can contact us.