Who we are
Share Your Sci is an independently run website aimed at scientists across the world. We provide several services to help researchers find science communication tools or support that best fit their needs. Our website address is https://shareyoursci.com.
What type of data do we hold on you?
Some of your interaction with elements of this site may require you to enter your name and email address. For example, this happens in the following instances:
- You sign up for the mailing list
- You fill in the contact form
- You register for a webinar
This is the only personal data we hold on you. If you just visit the site, some data is sent to Google Analytics, but none of that includes personally identifiable information. We are not tracking your full IP address.
How we use your data
If you use the contact form, or sign up for a newsletter, we have access to the information you submitted. We only use this information for the purpose of your interaction with the site. You will not be added to the mailing list unless you signed up for the mailing list. We do not pass on personal information to third parties.
How we protect your data
We monitor and protect our website security by tracking unauthorized login attempts or unexpected changes in the site code. If there is a risk of your data being breached, we will notify you as soon as possible.
Where your data is held
Most of the data we have on you is held by third-party processors, as described below.
Third party processors
We use several third party data processors to handle your information. Depending on how you use the site, not all of these apply to you.
- Our webhost – We use a third party web-host based in the USA.
- Google Analytics – tracks all site visitors, but does not receive personal data.
- Mailchimp – to manage and send the newsletter
- EventBrite- for registration of webinars
- Zoom – to run webinars and online workshops
- Payhip – for the sale of digital workbooks
- Stripe – payment option for digital workbook sales
- Paypal – payment option for digital workbook sales
To the best of our knowledge, all these companies are themselves GDPR compliant.
If you have questions about the data we hold on you, you can contact us.